Entrevista a Angela Marsons

 Hoje temos na rubrica entrevistas Angela Marsons, escritora dedicada ao género policial.

Angela vive na região de Black Country e é aí que se desenrola a ação dos seus livros.

Espero que gostem de conhecer um pouco mais desta autora, a quem agradeço a disponibilidade para responder às minhas perguntas.

HT: What made you start writing? 

When I was very young I loved reading and would have a book with me at all times. In my early teens my English teacher offered me some books to read that were above my reading age and I was hooked. From then I knew that I wanted to be writing stories that made people feel emotions. I wanted to move people to laughter or anger or sadness using the power of words. I wanted to tell stories and share my stories with other people.

HT: Where do you get your ideas to the books? 

The majority of my books are inspired by issues that I feel strongly about or that interest and intrigue me. They are often subjects that I’ve been interested in for many years. I often choose the background subject and then work in a crime story. Sometimes I can get an idea from just watching a television program or listening to the news or overhearing a conversation.

HT: How does your writing process works: believe in inspiration or have a pre-arranged time to write? 

I tend to write best in the early morning or late evening. I think the habit comes from writing for many years around full time employment. It is at those times of day when I feel the world is sleeping that I feel most creative. If an idea holds me I will continue writing until my hand aches and I can write no more.

HT: Of all his books, you can choose the one that gave him more pleasure to? 

My favourite book to write was Lost Girls - book 3 in the series. It was an idea that I had wanted to explore for a while and it simply came out on to the paper exactly as it appeared in my head. There were no stumbling blocks and once I began writing the book I didn’t want to stop. I think it remains my longest book.

HT: What changed in your life after the release of the first book? 

My lifelong dream had always been to write for a living and the success of Silent Scream - book 1 - meant that I was able to fulfil that dream. I am able to call my passion my job and I am grateful every day for the readers who have chosen to follow Kim Stone’s journey.

HT: I assume you also enjoy reading. What are your favorite writers?

Some of my favourites include Val McDermid, Karin Slaughter, KL Slater, Lisa Regan to name just a few.

HT: Finally, what are your writing projects for the future?

I am currently working on book 18 in the series and I am contracted to write another 12 Kim books so that will keep me busy for the foreseeable future.

Sem comentários: